Friday, June 18, 2010
Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.- John C. Maxwell
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
How to Wear Summer Hats via AOL Stylist
- Getting Started: "... we just haven't been exposed to how many different types of headwear there actually are out there. The wearer needs to be comfortable in a hat first, before a hat will look good on them."
- Trying Them On: "If you put it on and it doesn't feel like you, take it off," Albanese says. "I say bring a friend and reflect on your own style.
- The Hat That Looks Good On Everyone: "The look that works universally is the classic straw fedora," Albanese says. "It's like the training wheels of hats."
- Budget-Friendly: "There's really no crazy need to go and splurge on a hat, because you can go to Urban Outfitters or Forever 21 and buy a hat for $9 to $15," Albanese says.
- Head Size Matters: "If you have a big head, you will most likely look good in most hat types because your head will fill them and frame your face properly, it just depends on your style," Chan says. "If you have a smaller-sized head, leaning towards styles such as flat caps and driver/ivy caps help frame the face better. The shape of your face also has a lot to do with the outlook of the hat, so the best bet is to try on various styles to determine what type fits your head and face best."
- Taking it off: "If you're in a swanky restaurant, you shouldn't be wearing a hat," Albanese says. "I'm very traditional in that respect. I would say most places it's OK to leave your hat on, but definitely not at formal or cocktail attire type places."
- Hat Head: "Full curls (with a hat) is a little too done," Albanese says. "I love natural -- a ponytail or a bun in the back with a few pieces coming down in the front. If (your hair is) going to be curly, keep it natural – no ringlets, nothing crazy. A hat's such an easy, cool accessory."
- The Hottest Hat: "Fedora or ivy cap," Chan says. "Dress it up or down. Hats are personality pieces and are expressions of your individuality and personal style."
Sunday, June 6, 2010
I know I said that I wanted to be single. I’ve kept myself single this far, I can keep it up. I have so much to work on. I just feel like I could be a better partner, helpmate, whatever you wanna call it; if I correct some of my ways of old. Completely responsible of me right? However, I also led myself to believe that no one should want me in my current state. Not healthy either. A year ago I wanted to be as far away from love as possible. I even said that I didn’t want to date until I was done with my Masters (mind you I transferred no credits and just began year 2, and I’m still talkin PhD!). Well, since then I’ve managed to continue my education, get into yet another comfortable spot in my job, re-establish a home for my children and myself. I’ve also managed to stumble upon someone who seems way too good to be true. The person that I have always said I wanted, but felt I never deserved until now. I even prayed to God that 1 you keep my heart, because I’m give way to much of it, and 2 if you send him I’ll know because he’ll fit the list in a way that nobody ever has. Well….Now I find myself toying with the idea of…. Well….. I don’t know what to call it or say. But now I have found myself growing some feelings for him and thinking about him often, all too often. We met in a uncanny kind of way. And have taken things rather slowly. In the mist of rehabbing my life, he was there. I used his text and phone calls to give me the sense that someone was there caring, cheering me on, understanding the transformation that was and still am a work in progress. Only thing about was he really started to care, and so did I. I really felt initially as I if I had just met friend, to see through the hard times. Then I slowly began to feel something for this man who was beside me in my heart and mind. We spoke in the early hours of morning, after work, a few words before bed here and there. The time turned into days, and weeks, months. I really like this man. He makes my heart sing in the oddest ways. I don’t know if it’s because I know he suits me well, or if it because I know I’m his exception. But I have some much of me to work on… I don’t know what to do. Do I just feel what I feel and let things flow. Do I add him to my to do list? LOL!!! Or do I really appreciate the friendship, and companionship that he’s giving me and figure out where he really goes in all of this life of mine?
Friday, June 4, 2010
I planned on coming home and really doing some writing today. And of course, things did not go as planned. But I did find a new template that I like so much better than the others I've tried out. I do have something to share. I will be posting soon. "He's" Shocked I haven't wrote about him yet..... I was determined to stay single for a year, with roughly 2 months to go.... i think I'll make it.